Serhii G. Batiuk, Ph.D. in Engineering, Associate Professor of Department of Automation of Heat and Power Engineering Processes, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”
Graduated from National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Department of Automation of Heat and Power Engineering Processes.
Worked at technical and leadership positions in Kyiv Institute of Automation, in private companies Polymatic (Ukraine), Armko (Ukraine), ControlTech (Czech Republic), Logicon (Ukraine), Klinkmann-Ukraine (Finland) , RAUT-automatic (Ukraine). Has taught in Kyiv Energy College, Kyiv Industrial College, All-Ukrainian International University for Human Development, Department of Automation of Heat and Power Engineering Processes (National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”).
Defended his dissertation in Kyiv Institute of Automation on the topic “Synthesis of technically optimal system of control of the formation of glass pipes with method of horizontal stretching”.
Professional interests – digitalization (automatization and informatization) of technological processes and industrial productions on platform of programmable logic controllers (PLC/RTU) and distributed HMI/SCADA/MES/BI-systems.
Teaches disciplines on subjects of automation of technological processes and industrial productions, hardware and software tools of automation, programming in control systems. Created first laboratory of programmable logic controllers at the department.
Develops scientific and practical methodology of simulation (software modeling) of automated technological complexes (cyber-physical systems) on the basis of complex engineering calculation of control systems.
The author of more than 30 scientific and methodological papers on automation of technological processes and industrial productions and implementation of software and technical complexes of control systems.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Creation of process control systems (PCS) in industry and energetics.
- Creation of manufacturing management systems (MES) and analytical reporting systems in industry and energetics.
- Programming in control systems. Programming of PLC Unitronics, CoDeSys, RAUT-automatic. Programming of HMI/SCADA/MES/BI-systems InTouch, System Platform, Dream Report, RAUT ESM.
- Creation of software-technical complexes (STC) of industrial control systems based on distributed client-server architecture. Implementation of cybersecurity in STC as hot backup, duplication and replication of software solutions.
- Simulation of cyber-energy systems (CES). Complex engineering calculation of CES. Modeling of technological processes in the simulator Matlab Simulink. Modeling of industrial productions in the simulator Simio Software. Modeling of business processes in the notation ARIS EPC. SWOT-analysis of CES functionality.